Work for Us
Join a Reputed Team of Mental Health Professionals
South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust is working with MACANI, a highly respected Abu Dhabi based organisation with a mission to together develop and extend high quality mental health care across the Middle East. The service has been providing outpatient care in Abu Dhabi since 2015 and in Dubai since 2018, supporting the development of a Government mental health hospital. The Hospital mirrors the Clinical Academic Group (CAG) Structure in the Maudsley UK, delivering care through the following CAGs;
- Mental Health of Older Age
- Intellectual Disability
Maudsley Health is now starting to progress significant developments across the spectrum of mental health care in the Middle East. The service works collaboratively with local partners and providers and is keen to further grow the reputation of being a premier quality mental health provider. As a result, we are looking for a range of mental health professionals. If you have a flexible approach, use evidence base practice and want to spend your time engaging positively with patients, we would be pleased to have an initial discussion with you. We are particularly keen to hear from;
- Clinical Psychologists, Community Services, Dubai and Northern Emirates
- Clinical Psychologist, Intellectual Disability, Dubai
- Clinical Psychologist, Children and Adolescent Mental Health Service, Abu Dhabi
- Specialist Psychiatrists, Community Services, Dubai and Northern Emirates
- Nurse Therapists, Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CBT or IAPT Trained)
As services are new and developing, a degree of flexibility and creativity will be required together with an appreciation of relevant cultural issues. Of greatest importance is the ability to deliver high quality, evidence-based care.
A thorough induction programme will be offered along with a commitment to continuing professional development. Clinical supervision will also be regularly provided.
The ability to speak Arabic is an advantage, as is an understanding of private practice.
The successful applicants will need to fulfil the professional registration requirements of Ministry of Health/Department of Health;
- Clinical Psychologists: Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Master’s Degree/PhD in Clinical Psychology (minimum two (2) years course duration), HCPC or relevant license to practice and 2 years of experience as a clinical psychologist.
- Nursing: Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, NMC or relevant license to practice and 2 years of experience.
- Specialist Psychiatrist: MRcPsych/FRCS, GMC or relevant license to practice.
Download and complete an Application Form using this link and email your application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
It is truly an exciting and unique opportunity to be part of an experienced team, supporting the development and progression of mental health expertise and services in the UAE, working in collaboration with local partners and providers. A thorough induction programme will be offered, direct supervision will also be provided. As services are still new and changing, a degree of flexibility and creativity will be required together with an appreciation of relevant cultural issues. Of greatest importance is the ability to deliver high quality, evidence-based care. The ability to speak Arabic is an advantage.
The successful applicants will need to fulfill the professional registration requirements of the Department of Health, Abu Dhabi, or the Ministry of Health and Prevention.